Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3
Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 (also known as Maximum Tune 3, or simply Maxi 3) is an arcade racing video game developed and published by NAMCO and based on the Wangan Midnight manga. It is the third game in the Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune series and the fourth entry of the Wangan Midnight arcade series. This was released in 2007 in both Japan and the United States.
Supported Video Cards
- Both JP and Export versions should work.
- Executable is "main" found in game's root folder.
Card Reader Emulator
- Special thanks to Andy for his awesome work on this card emulator!
- Download latest "YACardEmu-Release.zip" from https://github.com/GXTX/YACardEmu/releases
- Extract archive somewhere and copy "config.ini.sample" to "config.ini"
- Open "config.ini" to make following edits
- Edit "basepath =" and set to wherever you want to save your card data. basepath MUST end in a trailing slash!
- Edit "serialpath =" to "serialpath = \\.\pipe\YACardEmu"
- Card can be inserted through any web browser, just access via the IP of whatever machine is running the emulator. (ie. 192.168.1.2:8080)
Sample config.ini file:
apiport = 8080
; basepath MUST end in a trailing slash!
basepath = ./
serialpath = \\.\pipe\YACardEmu
autoselectedcard = card.bin
Intel Shader Fix
- Download fix here.
- Extract files to matching folder structure
LAN Networking (2-? Players)
LAN not functional at this time, is being looked at.
Common Issues / Questions
The following are known issues:
- LAN doesn't work (VS MODE)
- Missing music after race (need to manually copy data/sound/bgm/maxi3/sys_04.wav to /env/tmp/sys_04.wav)
- Time Attack sometimes crash
- Window doesn't change size when changing resolution in config.lua
- No fullscreen support
Test menu crash
Disable Steering Power (FFB) option in test, then will no longer crash
Test menu continously scrolls through options
Press Shift Up or Shift Down one time to stop the scrolling.
Wheel calibration is off, car pulls to the side, pedals not working in-game
Edit "testmode.lua" in "<game folder>\env\tmp\data"
- Change "CalibrationGas" to 0
- Change "CalibrationBrake" to 0
- Change "CalibrationSteering" to 32768
Features Not Emulated
This site DOES NOT, and WILL NEVER, host or link to any game files or other copyrighted materials.
Thanks to Reaver, NTAuthority, avail, nzgamer41, Nezarn, nibs, Boomslangnz, Pooterman, Patreons, and all community members who support this project.